Friday, December 6, 2013

The Ups and Downs

9/11/13 - Shasta had a decent week overall. I had another blood panel done and sent off to NVDS to see if her IgA levels are above 58. If they are then I can continue with the oral meds, but need to figure out her food allergies although lately everything seems fine. I had held off on Shasta's eye supplements until we can be sure she is absorbing properly. I'm awaiting her lab results to see what's what. I could be off to L.A. this weekend for another shot if her IgA level is still below 58. I may get her some goggles or the chest harness with a halo because although Shasta has more good days than bad ones, I will be devastated to another degree if she pokes an eye out or even damages her eyes further. I have to say that there are still some short bouts of depression that I see Shasta go through. Some mornings she wakes up banging into everything and gets lost in my closet. Other days she gets around just fine, trots through the back door, hops up on the couch, greets her dad at the door, etc. Other times she sits there and I picture her wondering, "how much fun is being blind gonna be? this sucks." But just as I started feeling depressed the other day I was making her dinner and I suddenly felt this pinch on the back of my shorts, and then suddenly felt two huge paws on my back and she was pulling me by shirt to either wrestle with her or take her somewhere. I was so happy she was acting excited like that so I took her for a car ride and walk after dinner. On these good days I think she can see a little. As we get close to the side walk she will reach her paw up like she knew it was coming. She will also get out of the way for trees when we are walking. Then other times...bang! she will not see it coming at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment